12.03.2011

(Lov) // "Movie Under the Stars"


Friday night is usually our date night...Lydia stays with my Mom allowing for Brendan and I to spend some much needed alone time together.  Even though It had been raining all day and I was still dealing with a slight cold, I couldn't pass up the chance to see "A Christmas Story" on an out-door screen!  This lovely (and free) event was part of the Austin Shop Crawl and benefited Toys for Tots.

It was held in one of our favorite food trailer parks- SOFI Food Court and began at 6pm.  I managed to keep it a secret from Brendan until the very last minute.  He of course was a great sport and kept asking "What is it?! What are we doing" all day in a sweet excited voice. We were some of the first people to arrive and got a prime spot right up front.  He enjoyed the free beer while I enjoyed some mint tea from a coffee shop located next to the park.  We held hands and talked about the movie...how many times we had seen it, Brendan's Red Rider BB gun he had growing up, etc. Once the movie started, we couldn't help but quote lines to each other. It was a fantastic way to spend our date night.

Afterwards we ate dinner at one of our favorite spots... 24 Diner.

He had the chili.  I had the waffles.
B enjoying his cheese plate. 



After Dinner we made a quick stop at the grocery store and then headed home to enjoy some hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music on Pandora, and finish decorating the house before Lydia came home in the morning. Minus one minor argument over how frustrated I get when I'm decorating, we had a perfectly wonderful evening.  Brendan even surprised me with a reminder that this (the process) is supposed to be FUN...that it's not all about the end result (something that I tend to focus on a little too much). I am married to a wise and kind man who is actually helping ME when I had originally set out to help HIM.  Tis the Season.

(Lov)e,

-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...