12.06.2011

(Lov) // "Mimi's Gingerbread"


Mimi is Mary Sue Smith, my paternal Grandmother.  She was and is still an inspiration to me in all things "womanly".  Even though she has gone to be with the Lord, I am lucky enough to have many of her recipes.  On the 5th day, I made her Gingerbread... one of my very favorites.  I don't think Brendan even had any until the next day, and even then it was only a little bit.  He's more of a pie kinda man. But Lydia LOVES it. She keeps pointing to it on the counter each time she walks by and lets out a big "YUMMMM". I was joking that it should actually be called sugar cake... since it has an ENTIRE POUND of it and just a tiny bite of ginger. Oh well, it's the holidays! The gym will still be there in January.

(Lov)e,

-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...