9.15.2011

(Be) // My Favorite Hair Products

Once I became an independent stylist I relished in my new found freedom to choose what I used on my clients hair and to this day I don't retail, endorse, or exclusively use any particular line of hair product.  With that being said, here are the top four products that I most frequently use on my clientele:


1.  Agadir Argan Oil Spray Treatment - I use this on EVERY client regardless of hair type or texture.  After I am done with a haircut, I spray it on the entire head from root to end.  It acts as a mini smoothing and moisture treatment leaving the hair silky soft and super shiny without looking oily.  And it smells SO yummy... I believe the main scent is Arabian Sandalwood. Agadir also makes a concentrated oil version of this treatment (not in spray form) which I personally use everyday. I'm addicted to the stuff.

2.   It's a 10 Miracle Styling Serum - Best styling serum on the market, period.  Actually, the whole "It's a 10" line is pretty much... well, a miracle. Their mask in particular has literally taken some of my clients with extensive damage from the brink of disrepair back into the land of health, happy hair.  Serums add shine, protection, and make the hair smoother by leaving a light silicone coating on the outer layer of the hair. My favorite way to use the serum is to "cocktail" (mix it) with #3. 

3.   Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Paste - It took me years to find a paste that I liked.  I wanted one that wasn't to waxy or to airy...something that blended into the hair but also gave it definition.  And that is EXACTLY what this product does.  I use it on all of my short to mid-length clients to achieve the a textured, pieced-out look. Number one trick: use it on damp hair BEFORE you blow dry.  This helps to better distribute the product and keeps it from getting built up of too clumpy.  Use just a tiny bit more (mixed with one pump of  #2) to perfect the look once your hair is dry.  This is a matte paste so adding a pump of the serum brakes down the paste and gives your hair more shine.

4.  Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Hairspray - Every client I have ever told about this hairspray has continually thanked me for turning them onto such awesome product.  It truly lives up to it's name.  It offers great hold (spray) but still allows you to run your hand through it (play) and have movement without disturbing the aver all shape of the style. On short styles, I spray it on BEFORE I use #2 and #3.  It is a foundational "dry" product that helps to exaggerate the hair texture so that the "wet" products like the paste and serum have something to grab onto...giving texture to the hair without making it go flat.  On longer hair it is the perfect finishing spray.    

So there you have it... My top 4 hair styling products! Most of these can be purchased at Ulta or numerous places online.  Remember, hair styling is allot more fun when you use products that work!

(Lov)e,

-k.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...