9.17.2012

(Lov) // It is well...

source

It has taken me a bit longer this time to fully wrap my head around the fact that I am pregnant. Brendan and I had given ourselves this summer as a deadline for conception and I was honestly feeling like it wasn't going to happen. I was perfectly content envisioning our little threesome going about our lives together and was fairly indifferent about having another child. I knew Brendan wanted one... so I was willing to try. Since I was not expecting this, it has caused me (a women who is always thinking about the future) to pause and fully experience the present. I've had to swiftly make some lifestyle changes, ditch some not-so-good habits that I let creep back in after Lydia was born, and face the new found "I'm so tired I can hardly think" first trimester exhaustion with a very energetic toddler. And yet, after some time to process this wonderful news, I can now truly say... it is well with my soul.  

I've been thinking about this post from a few weeks ago in which I put forth my intentions on beginning two new series.  In light of my being newly pregnant, I can tell you it's just not meant to be. I still plan on making posts to my "The Grace Life" series, but it will not be weekly and I'm scratching the "Do Unto Myself" series altogether because I just don't have the energy. This blog is supposed to be a fun and creative outlet for me...and I just can't bare the thought of it becoming an obligation that weighs on my mind at the end of the day. Lord knows, I have enough swimming around in my head each night as it lays upon my pillow. Good things mostly... precious, tiny, life changing things. 

Lydia has been going to sleep much more quickly since we began a nightly ritual of reading "Charlotte's Web", my favorite book from when I was wee one. It only takes about one chapter, read in a soft and quiet tone, before she's sound asleep. I'm going to take advantage of this and get some much needed rest myself.  

Side note ~ My friend James over at bleubirdvintage is getting ready to bring her 4th sweet soul into the world! Please send her and her family lovely thoughts and prayers for a smooth and successful home-birthing experience. 

Good night all and may you have the sweetest of dreams.     

(Lov)e,

-k.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...