1.04.2012

(Be) // 2012.


The beginnings of most things are beautiful...usually accompanied by a renewed sense of purpose, hope, energy, excitement, and positivity. Beginnings are, in a way, what we all live for.  A chance to experience something new and different that has yet to be tarnished or corrupted by the mundane.  An opportunity to "get back on track" and change the trajectory of the course we have previously been traveling.  


I'm not a huge fan of making "resolutions" for the new year ahead, but rather I am one who looks at January 1st as an opportunity to realign myself with the desires of my heart.  A time to readjust my focus back towards the things, people, and places that bring me the greatest joy.  It is also my birth month which makes January a good time for reflection and change. 


Some of the goals I have set for myself this year are probably pretty similar to those of most people. I want to  exercise more, eat healthier, spend more time with my family, grow my business, etc. While others are a bit more personal to me: study my bible daily, share the gospel with anyone who will listen, rid myself of this nagging rebellion and negativity, spend more time being creative (blog, photography, art, writing), and to be generous with my love and compassion.  


I turn 35 this year and I intend on having it be a year of balance. I want to mature in the areas where I need to be more of an adult (responsible, driven, dedicated) while embracing my youth in the areas where I need to become more like a child (playful, simple, joyful).  


So here's to a New Year... cheers!


(Lov)e,


-k.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and inspiring. Here is to a year of balance and wonderful things! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...