7.19.2011

(Lov) // Kelly Bloggins.

"Gonna take you right into the Danger Zone..."

The title of today's Blog comes courtesy of my darling husband who has been entertaining me to no end with "blog puns" since I began this thing. He is truly brilliant, that one. Anyway, here is a good 'ol fashioned Day in the life Blog.  Enjoy!

***
Lydia wakes up around 9:30am.  Brendan is not at work this morning so he is the one to greet her, change her diaper, and bring her back to our bed where we snuggle, laugh, and pinch Brendan's nipples (Lydia) until we are ready to get up.


Milk for baby.




Coffee for Mom,



Dad
 

 and the place mat.

Lydia is already very interested in our coffee. I dipped my finger in mine and gave her a taste...she let out a big "yummmmmm" and has been hooked ever since.  She is always going after our cups and sometimes she gets a little too close. Spills happen all the time around the Vlass house. :)






I get us all fed (looks like Mama needs to have a banana!) and Brendan is off to work at the coffee shop. Then I get Lydia and I get dressed for the day.  While I am getting doing my hair and make-up, she plays with her "bathroom toys".

my toys.
 
her toys.
DONE!

On Tuesdays my mother comes and stays with Lydia so I can run errands and clean the Salon. She never comes empty handed! Today we get diapers and a cute lady bug short set for the little one!  Thank you, Nana!  We are so blessed to have you.




Before I head over to the Salon, I stop off a Brendan's coffee shop to give him a kiss and grab a motivating iced toddy.  Looks like rain?!?!?!




Once I open the door to the Salon I immediately know something was wrong... H O T -as-hell! I call the landlord to our apartments (cause he's awesome) and he got me in touch with Juan who will be meeting me back up at the Salon at 7am tomorrow to replace the fan blade.


I was a bit bummed about having to pay for yet another repair, but grateful it was something relatively inexpensive and that it would be done so soon. When I was able, I drove home feeling thirsty and in a daze.  When I got there, Brendan had a surprise!

Bon Iver - Bon Iver

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Vinyl surprises are the BEST! He had also made meatloaf, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and a salad!  How can you stay bummed with new music and meatloaf?!?!Well, maybe if the new music WAS Meatloaf...but that's a-whole-nother thing.



Brendan has rehearsal tonight so it's just me, my bug (Lydia), my blog and a movie. It was a good day indeed. 


(Lov)e,

-k.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for investing the time, Kelly. Funnest blog I have ever read. Love to all. Les

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...